Monday, July 11, 2016

Sharing Macbeth's Lament

Hello All,

I haven't posted anything in awhile. I just want all of you to know that I'm alive and breathing. I ran across this "Soliloquy" today while viewing some old emails. a Soliloquy (is an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud when by oneself or regardless of any hearers, especially by a character in a play).This is one of my favorites by William Shakespeare from the classical tragedy, Macbeth:

MACBETH. "She should have died hereafter; There would have been time for such a word. To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day., To syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more. It is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

I really admire the organic, beautiful words that Shakespeare shares with us. These thoughts are dark but it is another experience that we all have probably thought about. When the world is weighing heavy and we feel like nothing has meaning. This is a great piece of literature that brings empathy. 

My message to you is: If you're in a dark place in your life, keep your head high and know that God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. Everything happens for a reason. I've entered dark places but I am now surrounded by light because I believed greater days were coming. By any means do not feel sorry for yourself. Look in the mirror, your life has meaning. Lastly, I want to tell you to fight for your dreams. Anything is possible because someone else has done it. There is no reason for you to think anything is practical. You're in my prayers.

Yours In The Arts,

CJ "MIDAS" Stewart

(FUN FACT: This is a photo of an African American male named Jack Carter, playing MACBETH in 1936. Thought I'd share this with you. You learn something new every day!.)

No comments:

Post a Comment