Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Voyage

Growing up, I always knew that I was going to be someone important. It's something that lingered in my mind. I think it was because of me knowing that I was weird because I didn't think like the people around me. Back then I really didn't know what I wanted to be or what my dreams were. I just danced, sung, and rapped app the time. My great grandmother always told me that I could do whatever I wanted and to this day, I hold on to her late words. 

Moving into adolescence, I started gaining the passion for sports, football in particular. During these years my mind was transforming and I was kinda stuck because even though I adored football, I just had this timid feeling inside of me that it's not where I belonged. In fact, I felt lost for a long time in my earlier days cause of many occasions where I didn't fit in. Now in high school I took a theatre class because I knew it was something I was interested in. The class was very fun and towards the end of the year, my teacher presented an assignment that we learned and performed monologues in front of everyone. The class already anticipated that they were gonna bullshitt the assignment as well as I. But when it was my turn to go up, something happened on stage to where I clicked and really lived. My teacher told me I had the best monologue in class and that I should really look into Theatre, and that's where my dream took off.

When I got to college I had one of the hardest decisions in my life. I was intended to play football because I trained all summer, but when I told my advisor I wanted to play ball and major in theatre, she told me I couldn't do both.. And that's when God spoke to me. I chose theatre. Since then I've been excelling in learning the craft of Theatre, Art, and Humanity. I've finally found where I belong. 

I dream to become one of the greatest actors of all time. I dream to change the world through the Art that I create so that people could better understand each other and live in harmony. I dream to be an important aspect to the world. 

Right now I'm on a Voyage to my dreams, and nothing and no one is gonna stop me from reaching them. I've been doubted so much it's ridiculous. I will be BIG, I promise, I swear it, and I never go back on my word. 

"So set sail with me on my journey to Atlantis."

~ CDSJ 👑



No comments:

Post a Comment